Cam Findlay: From Government to General Counsel
Cameron Findlay aspired to have a career that began in government and then evolved to the private sector.
Remarkably, he accomplished that. In his illustrious career, he has been a Sidley Austin partner, the Deputy Secretary of the US Department of Labor, and general counsel at three Fortune 500 companies — Aon, Medtronic, and currently, he’s Senior Vice President, General Counsel, and Secretary at Archer Daniels Midland.
In this episode, we talk about:
- How the role of a general counsel has changed over the years
- His roles in government including as Deputy Secretary of Labor
- The business of running a legal department
- Attracting top legal talent
- Advice for aspiring general counsels
Hear more stories by subscribing to Innovative Legal Leadership on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or any podcast platform.
Listening on a desktop & can’t see the links? Just search for Innovative Legal Leadership in your favorite podcast player.
🚀 Powered by Ausha