Confronting the “H-Bomb”: The Truth About Managing a Popular Brand
When Brian Kenny tells people he’s the Chief Marketing and Communications Officer for Harvard Business School, they often say, “Why does Harvard need a chief marketing officer?”
Yes, Harvard is a historic brand, and that might lead some to believe that it markets itself, but it turns out history can sometimes be a double-edged sword.
In this milestone episode — our 50th! — we talk with Brian about the challenges of managing a well-known brand, including how to balance being seen as both historic and forward-thinking.
- How Harvard Business School uses a podcast for marketing efforts
- Positive and negative perceptions of the Harvard brand
- Advocating for marketing budget
- Responding as a university to societal issues
Mentioned during the podcast:
- Reach out to Brian on Twitter: @hbscmo
- Check out our nomination on Terminalfour
To hear more interviews like this one, subscribe to Higher Ed Marketer on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or your preferred podcast platform.
Listening on a desktop & can’t see the links? Just search for Higher Ed Marketer in your favorite podcast player.
🚀 Powered by Ausha