When Crisis Hits: Reputation Management in Higher Education
A single headline-making crisis can permanently alter how the public perceives your institution.
In the face of a crisis, your reputation is on the line. How should you communicate a crisis to your stakeholders and how can you manage your reputation in the process?
These questions and more are answered on this episode of The Higher Ed Marketer. Bart Caylor, President & Founder at Caylor Solutions Inc, and Troy Singer, Senior Account Executive at Think Patented chat with Christy Jackson, Senior Director of Reputation Management and Communication at UNC Charlotte, about:
- Examples from her work at Virginia Tech and Sweetbriar during their defining crises.
- Crisis communication and reputation management.
- Operational crises vs reputational crises.
- How to manage stakeholder expectations.
- How social media plays a role in crisis communication.
Know of a higher education marketing change agent you’d like to hear on the show? Does your university have an interesting story to be featured? Connect with Bart Caylor or Troy Singer. If you’re not on LinkedIn, check the Caylor Solutions or Think Patented websites instead!
To hear more interviews like this one, subscribe to The Higher Ed Marketer on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or your preferred podcast platform.
🚀 Powered by Ausha